Jamshedpur.The POMS India Chapter Conference 2023, hosted by XLRI – Xavier School of Management, will take place in Jamshedpur, India from December 4th to 6th. With the theme “Envisioning the Future of Operations for Sustainability,” the conference will foster collaboration among scholars and industry experts in the field of Production and Operations Management. Its goal is to promote innovation and explore how this field can contribute to sustainable practices.
The POMS India International Conference-2023 brings academics and practitioners together to innovate within the field of Production and Operations Management. It represents a significant step in fostering global collaboration to achieve sustainable development goals. The conference serves as a platform for global academicians, researchers, and practitioners to exchange insights and strategies in Production and Operations Management. It emphasizes achieving carbon neutrality, enhancing ESG in Supply Chain Management, navigating supply chain crises, and showcasing the impact of advanced technologies on real-world operations.
“With the theme ‘Envisioning the Future of Operations for Sustainability,’ the POMS India Chapter Conference 2023 at XLRI is poised to ignite insightful discussions and actionable strategies for a more sustainable future. We look forward to fostering an environment of collaboration and learning that will drive positive change in the landscape of Production and Operations Management”, said Fr S George – Director, XLRI Jamshedpur.
The conference chair Prof. Alok Raj highlighted that there are several events are planned as follows:
• 160+ paper presentations (from India, USA, UK, China, Colombia, and Canada). Within India representations from all top IIMs, IITs, ISB, and other B-schools.
• 300+ participants
• Three-panel discussions: Carbon neutrality, DEI, and Digital Supply chain.
• Prof. Vinod Singhal will conduct research workshop. He is the Charles W. Brady Chair Professor of Operations Management at the Scheller College of Business at Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
• Mr Vadiraj Kulkarni Divisional Chief Executive, ITC will share his views about carbon neutrality
• 15+ industry experts will share their views related to different topics. Eminent experts including Harini Muralidharan, Human Resources Director, Dentsu; Ashok Priyadarshi , Sr. Vice President -HR & CSR , Alkem Laboratories Ltd; Quamar Tauheed, Chief HRBP, Tata Steel; Madhumitha Venkataraman, DEI Expert; Rajesh Kumar, Director – Business Analytics at Philips; Prawesh K Jha, Practice Leader and Head of Blockchain Services at IBM; Sarajit Jha, Chief Business Transformation & Digital Solutions at Tata Steel; Srihari Kaninghat Head – Digital & Process Excellence Manufacturing & Supply Chain; Saroj Kumar Singh, Tata Steel; Chirantan Bhandyopadhyay,Head Product Line Operations MHCV at Tata Motors; Anirban Ghosh, Head – Centre for Sustainability, Mahindra University Chief Sustainability Officer,Mahindra Group
For further details about the Conference, please visit: https://poms.xlri.ac.in/